This story of the wise and foolish builder explores the themes of joy, identity, humility, community, and standing in Christ.
Download the 5 parts of this drama:
- Minimalist: use cardboard boxes or ladders or simple chairs and tools to represent the different houses and objects used in the skits.
- Full-Scale: build simple backdrops that can be “added” to with each lesson, “building” the houses as the lessons progress.
- Modern: the actors wear their every-day clothes, or use certain colors or prints to interpret different cultures or areas of the world.
- Biblical: the actors wear Biblical costumes, despite the modern wording of the scripts, adding a simple comedic feel to the parable.
- BEAT: this word indicates an emotional or physical transition in the dialogue.
- Lights up: when using physical lighting, this term indicates when the stage lighting is “up,” or lit to full capacity.
- Lights down: when using physical lighting, this term indicates when the stage lighting is “down,” or off completely.