Type/Purpose: High Tech, Trivia
- Access to Twitter and a computer before the event.
- 3 noise making implements (cow bell, bicycle horn, shaker, etc.)
- Before the event, go to Twitter, and find “tweets” from different organizations, people, places, other congregation members, etc.
- Set up the play area by placing three chairs next to each other, with a noise maker on each chair.
- Break the group up into 3 teams, with one player sitting in the chair, and the rest of the players lined up behind them.
- Name 3 choices, then read the “tweet”. The player plays their “noisemaker” to ring in, then names which of the choices authored that writing.
- Correct answer is 10 points, and another team may also buzz in and try if the first team gets it wrong.
- Rotate through players, doing as much trivia as you can.
- Find some that are pictures tweeted by that person to show
- Find celebrities, and share a series of three tweets (Name that Tweeter)
- Teachable Moments:
- If you’re following up with a devotion or Bible Study, end the game with tweets that may apply (pros or cons to the topic, religious type quotes, etc.)
- Get into a discussion regarding public opinion and how words impact others.