Type/Purpose: Off-Site, Scavenger Hunt
- Pre-select a location to conduct the activity: malls, public park, etc.
- Decide ahead of time how many small groups (groups of 3-8) there will be. For each group, you will need:
- A t-shirt
- Duct tape
- At least 1 adult chaperone
- A list of around 30 items that the groups will be looking for. The list will vary depending on locale.
- Think smaller items: leaves, menu brochures, condiment packages, 27 cents, etc.
Set-Up: Upon arrival, break into small groups.
- Before start, have each group select 1 person to be the flypaper. Have that person put on the t-shirt and direct the other group members to place duct tape circles on them.
- The group will have a pre-selected amount of time (15 minutes?) to find as many of these items as possible. When they have found them, they will stick the item on the flypaper person.
- The group must stay together.
- The items MUST NOT be from within the group (for example, if the item is 27 cents, they can’t fish through their own pockets to find some).
- For every correct item, the group will get 10 points.
- For every minute the group is late in returning to the pre-designated meeting spot, they will lose 10 points.
- Remind the group of proper conduct.
- At the activity’s conclusion, share stories and experiences.
- Include a couple of list items that are worth more points: (a signed personal business card, a picture).
- Instead of a shirt, use a hat, pants, etc. with adhesive all over it.