Top 10 Ways to Manage Risk
10. Insurance – Review Liability and vehicle insurance policies.
9. Forms – Provide medical forms, activity waivers and photo release forms for participants.
8. Emergency Contacts – Gather any and all emergency contact information
7. Emergency Plans – Establish emergency response procedures and train leadership team. Practice the plan!
6. First Aid Kits – Assemble and distribute kits to each vehicle and work site.
5. Training – Provide training for your leadership team in first aid/CPR, conflict resolution skills, crisis management and sexual ethics.
4. Emergency Services – Determine access to emergency services.
3. Equipment – Provide training and supervision in the use of tools and equipment
2. Background Checks – Screen event leaders before they work with youth.
1. Supervision – Arrange for adequate participant supervision.
Compiled by the LCMS Servant Event Committee: Rev. Barry Akers; Shelly Carlson; Linda Gage; James Lohman, DCE; Randy Ronning, DCE; Leah Sallach