Jedi Training Devotions
Text: Ephesians 6:10-18
- How does a Jedi Knight use his powers and weapons to help maintain peace in the galaxy? Why is such force (not the Star Wars “force”) necessary at times?
- What “Death Stars” threaten to destroy the world of the Christian?
- What types of “flaming arrows” of temptations does the Devil zing at youth today?
- List the different types of defensive weapons that are available to the disciple in his/her battles with the power of darkness. Why is each one important?
- It has been said that Jesus won the war and the skirmishes we face are clean-up battles. What is meant by all of this? How was Good Friday and Easter a significant part of winning the war?
- It has been said that to put on the armor of God is to put on Jesus. What do you think is meant by this? How might this be connected to Baptism?
- Luther said that we should daily remember our Baptism. In what ways might this connect to a daily putting on of the armor of God?