“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear…” (Psalm 46:1-2a)
Stress is a normal part of life. No one is exempt from experiencing stress. Yet, we have a Real. Present. God. who walks with us, who loves us unconditionally, and who holds all power and authority.
This study, Life’s Big Stresses Call for One Big God, calls us to lean into our Savior as we come to know that there is no crisis or circumstance that is bigger than our God. These seven sessions will help students better know Jesus and see how He is with us through all things. Participants will discuss causes of stress and how we respond to it while also finding ways to deal with stress and thrive even in times of trouble.
The session topics include:
- The Only Real Superhero: Jesus came to save us because of His great love for us. This session reminds participants that remembering what Jesus has done for us can be a stress reducer.
- The Roaring Waters of Our Life: This session looks at some of our stresses and responses to stress, and discusses how God is Real and Present in our stress, even when we still need to walk through it.
- Earthquakes and Angel Birds: God’s Word teaches us helpful ways to respond to stress as we remember that He is our Real and Present help in every need.
- Our Unseen Battle: One of Satan’s lies is to tell us that God is stealing, killing, or destroying, when the truth is that Jesus cam so we could have life and have it fully.
- Designed to Thrive: Through Jesus and the weapons He provides us, and with His help, we can “pull down strongholds, cast down arguments and anything that exalts itself against the knowledge of God.”
- Our Identity in Christ: Our response to Jesus on the cross is the power of Christ living in us. It is not only a relationship, but it defines who we are and how we live.
Link used in this study:
Life’s Big Stresses Call for One Big God Skit
- Cast Our Cares on Him: When you know God is Real and Present and never leaves, the feelings of security and peace tend to follow.
Link used in this study:
Father’s Love Letter
The stresses of life are real and present. But, our God is real and He is present. In Christ Jesus, He knows the pain we feel. And He constantly reminds us that He is our Real. Present. God. He came to die for us. He overcome sin for us. He left the tomb empty for us. As long as we are connected to him, we are connected to eternal rest, peace, and life!