Trivia questions and answers (Any will do, though I would suggest really easy ones. For great ideas, check out http://www.kids-quiz-questions.org/index.htm)
Set-Up: A space with an open wall
- For each round, only get 3-4 volunteers, and have them stand with their backs against the wall.
- On “Go”, they will get into a wall-sit position (where they look like they are sitting in a chair, using only the back of the wall for support).
- Once they are in the position, ask them a trivia question one by one.
- If they cannot hold the position any longer OR cannot answer a question, they are out of the round.
- After 2-3 rounds, begin to make the position a bit tougher to hold.
- Ask participants to cross one leg.
- Ask participants to put their hands above their head.
- Ask participants to lift their heels off the ground.
- Continue until one player is left, and then get another group, and continue on.
- Play until play has peaked.
- Instead of the wall sit, stand players next to a wall or counter, and have them lift one leg off the ground at all times, and allow them to hold on to the wall/counter.
- As play goes on, have them remove their hand, raise heel off of the ground, put hands by side, etc.
- Hold weights above head, balance cup of water on head, hold plank position, etc.
- Remember to be sensitive of abilities in the group. If physical related activities are perceived as an issue, ask the questions trivia team style, having teams of 3 or 4 go as questions get increasingly harder.
- Devotional tie-in could be on being ready for faith-related questions.