Type/Purpose: Mixer, Trivia
- Enough for every participant to have 5-10 green stickers (any size or shape you want) and 5-10 blue stickers (or find 2 different colors).
- 1 unique coin (could be a token from an amusement place, a dollar coin, souvenir, etc.)
- Open space
Set-Up: Ahead of time, give one of your more extroverted participants the coin, and have them conceal it in their pocket.
- Give each participant a sticker sheet with the green stickers and blue stickers.
- Play the music as background noise, and have the participants mingle around the room.
- Finding a partner, they can do one of two things:
- They can ask them a question about themselves (hometown, favorite food, school they attend, etc.). When they get a response, they can give them a green sticker.
- They can do an active move with them (special hand shake, do-si-do, high five, etc.), and give them a blue sticker.
- IF a participant receives a sticker, they can place it on themselves.
- At the end of the exchange, the partners shake hands.
- AT THIS TIME, the player with the coin may secretly pass the coin to another player, freeing themselves of the coin.
- Let play go on for 5-10 minutes, then discuss.
- What types of questions did you come up with for each other, and did you learn anything new?
- What types of active ideas came up?
- Who received the coin during the activity, and who currently has it?
- What was that experience like?
- What did it feel like to have the coin, not knowing when the activity would end?
- How might this activity connect to life?
- How might it connect to Christianity?
- For devotional tie-ins, think about the themes of urgency and spreading the Word.